Saturday, January 31, 2009

RSS

   So, I finally got around to finding some RSS feeds to add to my Bloglines account.  I'm starting to see the reason for subscribing.  I get it now that many times I'd stop at a favorite site, but couldn't find anything new at it.  By setting up a Blogline account, I can check one place to see if anything new has been posted at my favorite sites.
   I play mountain dulcimer, so my favorite selected site is Dulcimer Players News.  I subscribe to the magazine, and eagerly await each new issue.  But seeing video of dulcimer players in action is a real hoot.  Finding a dulcimer teacher in a rural area is nearly impossible; we have to attend workshops at festivals to learn anything new.  I thought I'd hit the promised land 10 years ago when I discovered a dulcimer listserv.  But now I can see people playing their instruments, demonstrating techniques--Oh, WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment