Today I tried Zoho, and I'm not impressed. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it appears as though the producers of Zoho haven't kept up with it. The writing aspect of the site appears to be working fine. But when I switched to other applications, like spreadsheet, the page comes up incomplete. And Creater wants me to pay for the plan.
I've used Google Docs with other librarians to create common documents to share with our employers and staffs. That programming didn't take long at all to learn. Making changes together was pretty simple. I'm sure we'll use that service again.
My husband writes a newsletter for his church. The pastor types his articles, prints them out, then hands them to Tom to be re-typed for the newsletter. Maybe we can teach the pastor (a computer newbie) to use one of these online wordprocessors so that each article need only be typed once.
And I think I'll show this (or Google Docs) to my Aide. She types our memorial letters, prints them out, gives them to me to proofread, then goes back to the computer to make the changes. One of these online writer programs could streamline the process, and maybe save a small tree.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment