Friday, February 6, 2009

Web 2.0 Award Winners

For the last couple days I've been looking at some of the Web 2.0's best sites. Can't say I agree in all cases, but I have found some wonderful sites, and shared sites with my friends. Today I looked at BBC iPlayer, and was very disappointed that I could not play the videos. So, I tried the BBC web radio, but the shows I wanted to hear weren't broadcasting, and I couldn't open any of the archived broadcasts, either.
But then I went back to YouTube. I looked for videos on dulcimer players, and was rewarded with delightful videos of intermediate and expert level players showing how they create their musical magic. Such a treat! And a terrific learning experience.
I also explored some of the genealogy sites. I plan to share these sites with our genealogists at our city historical museum. I was pleased to see that My Heritage allows a free download of Family Tree Maker, the software used by our genealogists. Now our amateurs can begin to build their own family trees on some very sophistocated software.

No comments:

Post a Comment