Again, by looking around at what others are blogging about I'm getting more familiar with the "why" of these tools. I handle our local historical society's webpage; I just may have to begin a blog there to increase readership of the page. I wonder if that would actually help?
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Technorati
I've looked at Technorati, but didn't immediately get the jist of it. Then I went back and took the time to view the video done by Technorati on its own webpage improvements. Ahh, that helped! I now get the idea that sites like Technorati don't index every word of a blog; their webcrawlers search the blog tags. So, if I want this blog I'm writing to be seen, I first need to use tags on each message. Claiming the blog would give it more exposure (I don't think I'm ready for that yet).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment